Mother & Baby Yoga
This class is suitable from 40 days post childbirth
COMING MARCH 2023
Let Movement be thy Medicine
Congratulations, you are now a mammy ! What a wondrous journey you have been on for the last 9 months while you wait for your baby to be born. Now that baby is born, maybe you want to meet up with other mammies and start getting your body gently back into shape.
This course is suitable for all healthy mothers and babies who are at least 40 days after childbirth. It is really important to respect the 40 physiological days after the birth of the baby, so that your body has time to recover.
What are the benefit of doing a Mum & Baby Yoga Class ?
- You will enjoy a sense of community, meeting with other mothers: It is a great outlet to socialise with others, see what other mothers are going through, ask questions etc.
- You can start doing something for your own health and finally take back a moment to take care of yourself.
- You will enjoy a babyfriendly environment where you can practice yoga and start to tone up and get fit again.
- Resuming a light yoga practice improves both physical and mental health and helps to alleviate the stress of the first few months of being a new mother.
- You will gently start toning the abs which will help return all your organs back to their place, which will help your body to find a state of balance.
We will rehabilitate the pelvic floor.
What Do You Need To Bring To The Class ?
Bring the following to your class, for your own comfort and for the baby’s;
- A little blanket which smells like home (do not bring anything that has
been washed with a soap with a too strong scent).
- A small pillow from home (the breast feeding one is good!).
- Small toys.
- Nappies and other baby’s things.
Some Advice Before Coming To The Class
You should come on an empty stomach.
- Wear comfortable and light clothing.
- Breastfeeding or bottle feeding is fine at all times,no worries.
- Children should wear light, comfortable clothing.
- Bring no more than a small bag with the necessaries for the baby.