“Oh, that was sooo relaxing”, “My skin looks plumped up”, “My lips look more full” are some of the things that client’s have been saying about my Facial Cupping treatment.
This is an incredibly relaxing, gentle yet powerful treatment that can be tagged on to your Facial Reflexology or Zone Face Lift treatment or it can be used as a standalone treatment too. The suction from the cups tricks the skin into thinking it has been damaged, similar to micro-needling and derma rollers, which causes the skin to repair itself. This natural healing process increases oxygenated blood flow and nutrients to the skin which in turn stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. It will remove puffiness, lessen pigmentation, reduces the density of lines and wrinkles resulting in the skin looking clear, plump and glowing. The suction of the cups will also tone the facial muscles.
SO WHAT IS FACIAL CUPPING ?
Did you know, Cupping is an ancient practice which was used in many healing traditions for centuries, to shift stagnation blocks in the body. However, in the late nineties, Ziggie Bergman adapted this treatment for use on the face using soft silicone cups to gently stimulate the lymphatic system to remove stagnation, puffiness and fluid build up, leaving no bruising.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF FACIAL CUPPING ?
This treatment is helpful for anyone who is suffering from ailments of the head and neck such as;
- Sinus Congestion
- Facial Paralysis/Bells Palsy
- Teeth grinding
WHAT ARE THE BEAUTY BENEFITS OF FACIAL CUPPING?
- Reduces wrinkles and lines
- Firms and Tones the skin and muscles of the face
- Reduces the size of your pores
- Reduces puffiness around the eyes
- Increases oxygenated blood circulation to the skin
- Reduces scarring
- Can have a natural plumping action on the lips
As a trained Facial Reflexologist, I will not only be relaxing facial tension and providing lymphatic drainage, I will be working the reflexes on the face and bringing physical and emotional balance to the body and the mind.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A FACIAL CUPPING TREATMENT ?
For Lifting the Sculpting benefits, it would be best to come every week for 10/12 weeks and then once a month thereafter.
For conditions such has Bells Palsy, 3 sessions a week for 2 weeks.
- It is suitable for teenagers upwards
- It may damage the skin of very elderly clients whose skin is very thin.
- Those with whiplash or arthritis would need to let me know beforehand as the head may need to be rotated.
- Very sensitive skin
- Active eczema or psoriasis
- If you have rosacea, I will work around this
- Tumours or unexplained lumps around the head, neck and shoulders
- Melanoma/skin cancer
- Recent surgery (wait 3 – 6 months)
- Scar tissue (wait 6 weeks to 3 months)
- Loss of skin sensation due to diabetes
- Can be painful for those with sinusitis, however the treatment can be adapted to work with the pain level.
- If you have botox or filler, wait 3 weeks after it has been administered and smaller cups will be used. Please be aware that botox may not last as long as facial cupping helps to remove toxins.
- Multiple moles. One or two are ok because I can work around them.
- Pregnancy, if you are unable to lie flat. Very gentle cupping will be used.
If you wish to buy a set of Silicone Cups from me, just contact me. The cost is €33. I also provide gua sha tools and facial oils.