Supporting Pregnancy with Pregnancy Reflexology
Being pregnant is a wonderful time to cherish and embrace. Your body is stretching, your hormones are working hard and you swing between the happiness of being pregnant and the worry for your little one. You’re watching what you eat and trying to stay well as best you can.
But pregnancy can also come with a few discomforts which you may experience at some point during your pregnancy. This is where Pregnancy Reflexology comes in. It is a gentle and natural therapy and can help ease some of the minor disorders such as;
- Disgestive issues like Heartburn, Indigestion, Constipation and Haemorrhoids
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Muscular Aches and Pains such as Labour Sciatica, Symphysis Pubis Diastasis and lower Back pain
- Stress and Anxiety
Benefits of Reflexology include;
- Balancing the Endocrine System in preparation for labour
- Reduces the length of labour
- Supports the body during labour by easing pain perception, boosting energy levels and aiding muscle relaxation between contractions.
- Stimulates endorphins
- It improves lactation
- Can ease Depression and put you in a better state of mind
There are times in a pregnancy when I will not be able to perform Reflexology on clients. Conditions than can prevent Pregnancy Reflexology are;
- Unstable Diabetes
- Heart Conditions
- Systemic Infection
- Any bleeding
- High Blood Pressure
- Clotting or on Warfarin
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Placenta Previa or Abruption
Frequency of Treatments
The recommended frequency for treatments is as follows;
1st and 2nd Trimester – every 2-3 weeks
3rd Trimester, from week 34 – weekly
Post Natal Reflexology
So what happens when the baby is born ? You are exhausted. You have just spent 9 months growing your little baby, you’ve given birth, you don’t get much sleep and you are trying to maintain your daily activities. Luckily, Reflexology is very relaxing which will help you to unwind and will help restore your energy.
Other issues which Reflexology can help with are;
- Hormone Balancing
- Stress Reduction
- Anxiety Reduction
- Digestive Issues
- Boosts the Immune System
- Time Out to Relax, Refresh and Renew
Pregnancy 2.5 hour Pamper Package
Mammy to be, it’s time to celebrate this very special time in your life and get your pregnancy glow going !!! Your body is working really, really hard to grow another new life which can take it’s toll on you. You deserve a treat ! Enjoy two and a half hours of pure indulgence to completely relax.
- Restore the radiance of your skin with delicious natural and organic products and steamy hot towels.
- Warm Seaweed Foot soak to soothe aching & swollen feetHolistic Facial to restore the radiance of your skin with delicious natural and organic skincare products and steamy hot towels.
- Guided Meditation & Sound Bath to induce a deep sense of blissful relaxation leaving you calm and stress free.
- Mini Facial Reflexology including shoulder, neck, head and scalp massage to release tension.
- Pregnancy Reflexology to balance the body, mind and spirit.
- Choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate – time to come round & float back down to earth.
This package is offered to you from your 2nd trimester.
Mom 2.5 Hour Post Natal Pamper Package
OK mom, your body is trying very hard to get back to normal whilst you look after your baby, family, your house and with very little sleep. You deserve to get 2.5 hours of uninterrupted delicious and blissful Mom time. So, what is included in this top to toe pampering treatment ;
- A relaxing Holistic Facial to rejuvenate and invigorate lacklustre and sleep deprived skin leaving it glowing with radiance and leaving you blissed out.
- Raise those vibrations with a relaxing sound bath and guided meditation.
- Shoulder, neck and scalp massage to release tension and reduce stress.
- Hand scrub followed by an arm and hand massage and moisturise.
- Enjoy the healing benefits of a Foot Reflexology treatment to balance the body, mind and spirit and also to bring your hormones back in to balance.
- Indulge in an uninterrupted cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It is not very often that you get to drink your cuppa while it’s still warm allowing you to come back to earth slowly!