Functional Reflex Therapy
Functional Reflex Therapy
This is a specialised and relaxing treatment supporting children, young adults and vulnerable adults and can be carried out in the home, school or residential care. It will help with;
- High levels of anxiety and stress at home and school
- Special educational needs and disabilities
- Autistic spectrum disorders and complex needs
- Mental health conditions
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
I perform this treatment on the hands or the feet and it will take about 20/25 minutes. Benefits of this relaxing treatment include;
- It will raise the “happy chemicals” in the body putting the recipient in a better frame of mind.
- Tension will be released
- Anxiety and stress will be reduced
- Improves mood
- Social interaction is improved
- Increases receptiveness
Cancer Care Reflexology
This is a very gentle reflexology treatment which supports relaxation and provides comfort for those going through cancer treatment.
It helps to ;
- Relieve anxiety and tension
- Encourages relaxation
- Improves mood
- Aids Insomnia
- Can help to ease nausea
On the first visit, I complete a Consultation Form with the client which helps to ensure that every comfort has been provided for.
The treatment varies in length depending on how the client feels at the time and where they are in their treatment.
I can combine the treatment with some Reiki Energy Healing.
The use of hot and cold stones in healing treatments has been around for a long time. Not only is it a very popular and relaxing treatment but it can support healing on the deepest level.
The treatment works on the knees, legs and feet relaxing the muscles while you just lie there and enjoy !
It has all the benefits of a standard Reflexology treatment but will work a little faster.
- Soothing, nurturing and very relaxing
- Increased circulation
- Releases tension in the muscles
- Cleanses the body of toxins
- Boosts the immune system
- Relaxes tension in the connective tissues
This treatment is contraindicated for those with inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or with skin conditions such as dermatitis.
Zone Face Lift is “a spiritual facial treatment unlike any other”
Magical” and “Extraordinary” , that’s how Zone Face Lift has been described and has being hailed by many as a credible alternative to botox ! This luxurious treatment will leave you blissed-out, from the delicious smell of the essential oils in the Neals Yard Remedies skincare products which I use, the steamy hot towels and also from the hypnotic massage techniques employed. You will also be left with a smoother and radiant face.
The aim of this pampering holistic facial treatment is to relax you body, mind and soul and will help you to naturally age well and maintain your healthy glow. It has been shown to reduce the signs of aging by as much as 10 years after a course of 12 weeks.
Zone Face Lift Treatment
Developed by award winning Ziggie Bergman, the treatment combines traditional facial reflexology methods, ancient healing techniques from Native American shamans using sacred healing herbs, Asian body mapping and crystals.
It’s gentle holistic approach works the major muscles of the face and lymph nodes, draining stagnant fluid, plumping and sculpting the neck line, smoothing out wrinkles and stimulating collagen and elastin. Some of the other holistic techniques employed in the treatment include;
- Indian Head Massage
- Hot Towel Cleanse
- Facial Reflexology
- Ancient American pressure point massage
- Chinese medicine technique using the “Gua sha” Jade tool
- Japanese facial massage techniques
For many women, this treatment will eliminate the need for botox and dermal fillers. Benefits include;
- Naturally stimulates collagen and elastin from the inside
- Tightens, plumps and sculpts the face, jaw and neck line
- Smooths and lifts the face
- Helps reduce pigmentation
- Reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
- Reduces lines and wrinkles
- Can improve acne and clear sebaceous glands
- Helps to release tension held in the face
- Lymphatic drainage reduces waste products
- Calming and uplifting, reducing anxiety and stress and lifting mood
- Helps reduce migraines, sinus problems, insomnia, IBS, joint pain and depression
- Reduce TMJ jaw dysfunction
Zone Face Lift — 60 min — €65 (usually€80)
Includes a Hot Towel Cleanse, Neck and Shoulder Massage, Facial Reflexology, Facial Massage using Japanese massage techniques, Facial Massage using crystal Jade and Blue spot Gua Sha and Facial Roller. Include the decollete for an extra €10
Deluxe Zone Face Lift — 90 min — €90 (usually €110)
Includes a Holistic Facial using Hot Towels and certified natural and organic skincare products, Neck and Shoulder Massage, Facial Reflexology, Facial Massage using Japanese massage techniques, Facial Massage using crystal Jade and Blue spot Gua Sha and Facial Roller..Include the decollete for an extra €10
Zone Face Lift 12 Week Transformation Programme — prepay €880
This 12 week transformation programme includes 12 x Deluxe Zone Face Lift Treatments, a Crystal Gua Sha tool with instructions to take away and a bottle of natural and organic Facial Oil.
4 WEEK SPECIAL OCCASION PACKAGE
4 x Deluxe Zone Face Lift — 90 min — prepay €320 (usually €360)
If you have a special event or wedding coming up, know we have you covered !! Not only will this treatment balance your body and mind because of the powerful Facial Reflexology techniques used as part of this treatment, it will also leave your skin glowing and lifted for the big day.
Why not claim back from the following companies
I am a Registered Reflexologist with the NRRI, National Register of Reflexologists Ireland, and as such, private health insurance claims are recognised by VHI, LAYA Healthcare and AVIVA Health. Give them a call to confirm you are covered and what you are entitled to.
So, how would you like a relaxing treatment that will make your skin glow and enhances your health and wellbeing ?? Well, that is what Facial Reflexology can do for you. If you do not like your feet touched, and would like to experience the benefits of Foot Reflexology, then you need to give this luxurious treatment a try.
It was developed by Ziggie Bergman, an award winning Reflexologist in the UK. She is a pioneer in modern Facial Reflexology and her clientele include many supermodels and celebrities.
Like Foot Reflexology, Facial Reflexology is based on Zone Therapy where the face is broken down into zones. When an imbalanced reflex in a particular zone has been resolved, all the reflexes in that zone are positively affected.
The treatment is built on a combination of Native American techniques and Asian body maps, that chart the reflex points on the face. This gentle yet powerful treatment works closer to the brain and the central nervous system, bringing immediate relaxation and stress relief. In fact, most clients fall asleep after the first ten minutes ! Any reflexes out of balance are stimulated to improve the health and well-being of the person being treated. Over time, Facial Reflexology can also help to reduce lines and give your skin a lovely healthy glow.
Daily activities such as eating, talking, frowning and facial expressions can cause tension to build up in our facial muscles which is relieved with Facial Reflexology.
Benefits of Facial Reflexology
Facial Reflexology has some unique benefits for certain conditions such as;
- PMT & Hormonal Imbalance
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
- IBS & digestive issues
- Bells Palsy
The massaging techniques used during this treatment, bring blood and nutrients to the skin, smoothing out lines and improving skin tone. This in turn makes the client feel good and to look their best.
This luxurious treatment is wonderful on its own or in combination with Foot Reflexology, Reiki or Indian Head Massage.
It is important to wait for 3 weeks after having Botox or Fillers so that the treatment doesn’t affect these procedures.
Book your appointment now. You won’t regret it !
Baby & Child Reflexology
If you would like a very soothing, nurturing and gentle treatment for your baby or child, well try Baby & Child Reflexology, which can be performed from birth. It can be performed any time of the day and when given at bed time, can help promote a more restful sleep. It takes 25-30 minutes with baby relaxing within minutes of the treatment starting. They let us know when they have had enough !
This “Positive Touch” treatment is safe, natural and an enjoyable for the health and wellbeing of babies and children. Infants use touch to learn about the world around them and it nurtures bonding between them and their parents. Mothers and babies who have had a traumatic birth will find this treatment very comforting.
Some benefits to giving your baby reflexology are;
- Helps to treat Colic and Reflux
- Can help to relieve Constipation
- Releases Serotonin to help the child cope with stress and anxiety.
- Will relieve symptoms of growing pains.
- Acts as a pain reliever and a sedative by releasing endorphins into the bloodstream
- It can improve weight gain especially in premature babies.
- It will boost your child’s immune system.
- Toxins in the baby’s tissues can be moved through the lymphatic system.
- Sleep patterns can improve
- Helps with Teething
Please note; a baby or toddler cannot receive reflexology for 48 hours after having vaccinations or if they have an infectious disease or acute illness.
Babies and children are more than welcome to my treatment room for a reflexology treatment or a series of treatments. Or parents and caregivers can learn this beautiful therapy to give to their own loved ones thus improving the bond between them and their babies and children.
Supporting Pregnancy with Pregnancy Reflexology
Being pregnant is a wonderful time to cherish and embrace. Your body is stretching, your hormones are working hard and you swing between the happiness of being pregnant and the worry for your little one. You’re watching what you eat and trying to stay well as best you can.
But pregnancy can also come with a few discomforts which you may experience at some point during your pregnancy. This is where Pregnancy Reflexology comes in. It is a gentle and natural therapy and can help ease some of the minor disorders such as;
- Disgestive issues like Heartburn, Indigestion, Constipation and Haemorrhoids
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Muscular Aches and Pains such as Labour Sciatica, Symphysis Pubis Diastasis and lower Back pain
- Stress and Anxiety
Benefits of Reflexology include;
- Balancing the Endocrine System in preparation for labour
- Reduces the length of labour
- Supports the body during labour by easing pain perception, boosting energy levels and aiding muscle relaxation between contractions.
- Stimulates endorphins
- It improves lactation
- Can ease Depression and put you in a better state of mind
There are times in a pregnancy when I will not be able to perform Reflexology on clients. Conditions than can prevent Pregnancy Reflexology are;
- Unstable Diabetes
- Heart Conditions
- Systemic Infection
- Any bleeding
- High Blood Pressure
- Clotting or on Warfarin
- Threatened Miscarriage
- Placenta Previa or Abruption
Frequency of Treatments
The recommended frequency for treatments is as follows;
1st and 2nd Trimester – every 2-3 weeks
3rd Trimester, from week 34 – weekly
Post Natal Reflexology
So what happens when the baby is born ? You are exhausted. You have just spent 9 months growing your little baby, you’ve given birth, you don’t get much sleep and you are trying to maintain your daily activities. Luckily, Reflexology is very relaxing which will help you to unwind and will help restore your energy.
Other issues which Reflexology can help with are;
- Hormone Balancing
- Stress Reduction
- Anxiety Reduction
- Digestive Issues
- Boosts the Immune System
- Time Out to Relax, Refresh and Renew
Pregnancy 2.5 hour Pamper Package
Mammy to be, it’s time to celebrate this very special time in your life and get your pregnancy glow going !!! Your body is working really, really hard to grow another new life which can take it’s toll on you. You deserve a treat ! Enjoy two and a half hours of pure indulgence to completely relax.
- Restore the radiance of your skin with delicious natural and organic products and steamy hot towels.
- Warm Seaweed Foot soak to soothe aching & swollen feetHolistic Facial to restore the radiance of your skin with delicious natural and organic skincare products and steamy hot towels.
- Guided Meditation & Sound Bath to induce a deep sense of blissful relaxation leaving you calm and stress free.
- Mini Facial Reflexology including shoulder, neck, head and scalp massage to release tension.
- Pregnancy Reflexology to balance the body, mind and spirit.
- Choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate – time to come round & float back down to earth.
This package is offered to you from your 2nd trimester.
Mom 2.5 Hour Post Natal Pamper Package
OK mom, your body is trying very hard to get back to normal whilst you look after your baby, family, your house and with very little sleep. You deserve to get 2.5 hours of uninterrupted delicious and blissful Mom time. So, what is included in this top to toe pampering treatment ;
- A relaxing Holistic Facial to rejuvenate and invigorate lacklustre and sleep deprived skin leaving it glowing with radiance and leaving you blissed out.
- Raise those vibrations with a relaxing sound bath and guided meditation.
- Shoulder, neck and scalp massage to release tension and reduce stress.
- Hand scrub followed by an arm and hand massage and moisturise.
- Enjoy the healing benefits of a Foot Reflexology treatment to balance the body, mind and spirit and also to bring your hormones back in to balance.
- Indulge in an uninterrupted cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It is not very often that you get to drink your cuppa while it’s still warm allowing you to come back to earth slowly!
It is my absolute honour to join you on every step of your journey towards motherhood, and to continue to support you through your pregnancy and as a new mother too.
Specialising in Fertility Reflexology
It is difficult discovering you are one of the “one in six couples” who are having difficulties conceiving. Having been there myself, I understand how upsetting this can be. I know the huge emotional and physical stress that couples are under when trying to get pregnant. For this reason, I make it my mission to help couples who find themselves in the same position I was in.
Approximately one third of fertility issues are on the male side, one third on the female side and one third are issues on both the male and female sides.
Infertility can be linked to stress, anxiety and hormonal imbalances. These can cause Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, irregular or no menstrual cycle etc. The ability to conceive can also be dependent on factors such as the foods you eat, your lifestyle and your occupation, affecting both parties in the relationship.
It is worthwhile having a course of Reflexology treatments before embarking on the more invasive, stressful and very expensive alternatives. Fertility Reflexology will gently re-balance the body bringing emotional and physical harmony and enhancing the body for conception. When we are stressed, our Reproductive, Digestive and Repair functions are paused and don’t work efficiently. When the body is relaxed and de-stressed, energy levels are restored to these areas. Regular Reflexology treatments help to maintain this relaxed state allowing the reproductive hormones to work more effectively by keeping the body in balance. Often when the client relaxes and feels they are actively doing something to help themselves, they get pregnant very quickly.
I treat men too as Reflexology can help with improving sperm but also, men can benefit from some timeout.
if all else fails……
Alas, not all fertility issues can be corrected with Reflexology so it may be necessary to visit your GP for a referral for further investigations.
However, if Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, Clomid or FET is required, it is now recommended to have reflexology during this stressful time. I prepare a treatment plan which is tailored to coincide with the treatment you are going through with your Fertility Clinic. This can help to increase the success rate by reducing stress, keeping the body balanced and enhancing your treatment.
On your first session with me, we will need to complete a Fertility Consultation form which will be updated at each session. I also request that you bring any test reports with you. These will allow me to investigate further the right treatment for you.
Contact me today to make an appointment !
We will get through this together
Claim Back from your Private Health Insurance:
It should also be noted that I am a member of the NRRI which allows you to claim back part/full payment of your treatment from your Private Health Insurance. Contact them first to confirm that you are covered.
What is Reflexology?
There are many factors in life such as illness, stress, injury, emotions that can create a state of imbalance and disease, but the body has a natural ability to heal itself.
Reflexology is a gentle non-invasive healing therapy which removes blockages and relieves stress whilst encouraging the body to heal itself, at its own pace. It will treat the whole person and not just symptoms that may be present at the time.
Reflexology uses the feet, hands, face and ears as a map of the entire body and has been used as a therapy as far back as 4,000 B.C. in places like China and Egypt.
Some of the conditions which can be treated by Reflexology are;
- Back and Chronic Pain
- Sinusitis, Ear and Throat Issues
- Heart Health including Circulation and Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Fertility and Menstrual Complications
- Body Detox by purifying the lymphatic system
- Increased Energy Flow
- Proper Organ Function
Courses of treatment vary in length depending on the individual. Long standing problems might require 6-8 sessions with each session lasting around 1 hour. Once the body has regained its balance, an occasional treatment will stimulate the immune system and maintain a sense of